In the world of Amiga enthusiasts, there’s exciting reasons to get creative this fall! The Fifth Annual Amiga Art Contest is on. The organizer Douglas Compton are extending the contest by a few more weeks this year, giving Amiga artists more time to showcase their creativity. The new deadline for submissions is October 28th.
Kevin Saunders, also known as Invent71, will once again be joining as a judge for the livestream event scheduled for November. With his expertise, the contest promises to be a thrilling experience for all participants.
The rules for this contest are simple and designed to encourage creativity:
- Amiga Artwork Creation: Artists must use an Amiga, whether it’s a real one or a virtual emulator, to craft their masterpieces.
- Multiple Categories: Participants can submit their artwork to one, two, three, or even all of the following categories. There’s no limit to how many images you can submit.
- Unleash Your Imagination: The primary goal is to have fun and let your creative spirit shine. Don’t forget to spread the word about the contest to your friends!
Now, let’s dive into the five exciting categories:
1. Hand Drawn Artwork: Whether it’s an anime character, a piece of modern art, or a charming cartoon, if you can draw it, you can submit it. Even if you created it back in 1986, it’s still eligible for submission!
2. Digital Photography: If you’re into photography, here’s your chance to bring those digital images into the Amiga realm. Whether you use Digi-View, DCTV, or load a .JPG image from your digital camera into AdPro or ImageFX, it’s all acceptable. However, remember to add your creative touch to make your photos stand out.
3. Ray Tracing: Amiga has a rich history in ray tracing, and this category pays homage to that. Dust off your old Turbo Silver software and create some stunning 3D images. Animated 3D creations are also welcome.
4. MOD/Music Files: Amiga was known for its music, and this category celebrates it. Share your musical talents by submitting any kind of music file created on an Amiga. Douglas can’t wait to hear what you come up with.
5. Amiga Animation: This category is for animation enthusiasts. Whether you used Deluxepaint, Disney Animation Studio, or any other software from the Amiga era, showcase your animated creations here. Even 3D animated rendering is eligible.
All Amiga formats are welcome, from 2 color to HAM6, HAM8, and up to 24-bit from an RTG card. As long as it was created on your Amiga, you can submit it!
To participate, artists should email their artwork to email@example.com. If you prefer, a Dropbox link for uploads can be provided. While IFF format is preferred, any format you create should be acceptable. Don’t forget to include details about the hardware and software you used in your creation, along with a brief description of your artistic process if you wish.
For those wondering about rewards, there will be first and second place winners in each category, along with a third place “honorable mention” category. Additionally, there will be an overall “Best of Show” winner, with prize announcements coming in the next few weeks.
The contest officially kicked off on June 1st, 2022, and artists have until October 28th to submit their entries. Finally, Douglas’ plan to showcase all the fantastic artwork in a dedicated show, so everyone can appreciate the talent and creativity of the Amiga community. Get those Amigas fired up and let the artistic magic begin!
Visit https://www.amigaartwork.com/ for more information.