The ZZ9000 is the best RTG card for any Zorro II big-box Amiga computer. A very powerful RTG card that is now getting sound too. Coming soon info by Lukas on Twitter. There he writes that the ZZ9000AX audio module with SigmaDSP® will soon be out.
Lukas also writes that the audio module is intended as an expansion for the ZZ9000 Amiga graphics/network card.
coming soon: MNT ZZ9000AX audio module with SigmaDSP®. Intended as an expansion for the MNT ZZ9000 Amiga graphics/network card, but could be used as a building block in other audio projects as well pic.twitter.com/LA0LU8UIrG— lukas f. hartmann (@mntmn) June 29, 2021
Look at what ZZ9000 offers for bigbox Zorro II Amigas!
- RTG: Up to 1920×1080 FHD screen resolution at 8bit 256-colors “Chunky”, 16bit or 32bit color depths. (1920×1080 at 16 bit, all other resolutions up to 32 bit).
- Enhanced VA2000CX Amiga native video passthrough functionality with AGA support (scandoubler with interlace flicker-fixer)
- Dual 666MHz ARM Cortex A9 coprocessors to offload computing tasks like JPEG, MP3 decoding and graphics acceleration
- 1GB DDR3 RAM
- Ethernet interface: Get your Amiga online
- USB port supports USB mass storage devices. The driver allows you to access USB sticks from workbench.
- SD Card interface (for firmware updates, not usable from AmigaOS)
- For Amiga 500, 2000, 3000 and 4000 (Zorro 2 and 3 compatible)
- Drivers, firmware and schematics are open sourced: https://source.mnt.re/amiga
Yes, you can even install to Amiga 500. To use ZZ9000 with Amiga 500, you need a Zorro II adapter like Rob Cranley’s Z-500 or the Checkmate 1500 Zorro adapter.
The Audio Module will be a remarkable addon for this card. Paula is awesome, but this with a DSP will give lots of musicians great tools. The future is looking bright for bigbox Amigas too. This is Positive Amiga Circle. Supporting all sides of the Amiga universe is important. Always! Hot Amiga News that is worthy waiting for!