Nothing stands still in the world of Amiga. Hyperion Entertainment just released an update for AmigaOS 3.2 owners that bumps it up to 3.2.1. It corrects and adds functions to AmigaOS 3.2.
This AmigaOS 3.2.1 Release is a Great Christmas News for Classic Amiga users worldwide.
New features and fixes of AmigaOS 3.2.1
- Fixes to almost every single gadget and image class
- Fix to clipboard.device that since AmigaOS 3.1.4 would not handle clips above 16KB in some cases
- Important fix to locale.library that would convert signed values to unsigned
- New IconEdit with support for colorful icons (like the “GlowIcons”)
- TextEdit has gained an ARexx port per open document
- ShowConfig had its GUI reworked, and can now make reports in AmigaGuide format
- The RAM disk linking feature has been changed a bit so it seems more like AmigaOS 3.1.4 while still being copy on read as in AmigaOS 3.2
- Dropping files on the console will now activate the console window
- The screen will no longer remain black if you start up without any attached drive
- Eject menu item in Workbench;
On the 21st of December, just before Christmas Hyperion provides the first free update of AmigaOS 3.2. It demonstrates their dedication to ensuring that AmigaOS 3.2 is the most capable and most stable operating system ever for the 68K-based Amigas.
Also, Hyperion’s advice is to not use DiagROMs as several new updates for AmigaOS 3.2 will require Kickstart ROM upgrades more frequently than before.