This is the Amiga RTG port based on ZDOOM v1.22 ZDoom is a source port, originally based on ATB Doom and NTDOOM.
The Amiga version of ZDOOM port has since added full support for all commonly-used Boom additions, Heretic, Hexen, Strife, and Chex Quest. It has added many additional features, including slopes, uncapped framerate, and z-clipping.
The large number of features supported by ZDoom made it the port of choice for several independent game projects, notably Foreverhood, Action Doom 2: Urban Brawl, Chex Quest 3, and Harmony.
Version ZDoom History for Amiga released on Aminet
Novacoder is the brilliant coder behind the ZDoom port for Amiga with AGA or RTG. You also need a quite strong Classic Amiga Software computer such as 68060 50MHz or 68080 FPGA to get great FPS. You can run the ZDoom port on any 68020 Amiga with RTG too but that is not recommended.
1) If you have a Blizzard you should really be using BlizKick, Apollo users should be using RemApollo
2) Fast File System is actually really slow, use PFS3 instead
3) If you’re having performance problems make sure you are using the latest/patched WAD files (see links section)
Including having PFS3, I also recommend getting AmigaOS 3.1.4 because it supports large partitions. There are no issues using a 64GB Compact Flash drive as a Hard Drive with it.
I also recommend everyone to have more than 32MB of RAM as then you can load the game from AmigaOS. 64MB or even 128MB RAM should be enough.
Here are the official changes listed
- 1.22.0 – Added support to run from the Shell, updated SFX, and music playback
- 1.22.1 – Fixed memory corruption on startup, fixed console background
- 1.22.3 – Fixed console memory corruption issue
- 1.22.4 – Fixed background resize issue
- 1.22.6 – Updated memory allocation routines based on ODAMEX
- 1.22.8 – Fixed bug with memory allocation when running with less than 128MB
- 1.22.9 – Fixed a bug with the doomsound.library