The Gotek drives that are available are great. But the internal ones often doesn’t fit inside the Amiga lowend cases. This means that you often need to remove parts of the plastic. But with this GOEX drive. It just fits.
Watch the demonstration of it on the Guru Meditation YouTube channel!
GOEX drive is fully compatible with FlashFloppy firmware and the entire Gotek HW eco-system, while it provides numerous advantages over plain Gotek drives. Here are some advantages listed up on their website:
- GOEX comes with a unified mount designed specifically for A500, A600, or A1200 with all the mounting accessories included
- full drop-in design: no tinkering with your mainboard, no chassis modification needed
- features a convenient and elegant jogdial-like controller. Browse through your ADF collections with the tip of your thumb
- has either full SD card slot with lock/eject function or USB socket located in of FDD drive button cutout
- seamless integration of user controls with Amiga 500/600/1200 FDD drive chassis opening
- an easy to see LED drive access indicator
- on-board piezo speaker
- additional on-board pin-header for extra buttons and/or user controllers
- compatible with centuriontech.eu display modules as well as most generic 0,91/1,3″ OLED displays
- already pre-configured with the latest stable version of FlashFloppy firmware, ready to go
This is a brilliant way of keeping the Amiga floppies era alive without having a floppy drive to use. You can also fix your floppy drive if that’s what you want to do. The great thing about this is that SD cards are easy to buy and they are even more compatible with the design of the floppy drive area of the Amiga 500, Amiga 600 and Amiga 1200.
Also the price ain’t too bad. I hope to get one so I can give you a great review of the GOEX drive.