Is it possible to browse the open-source OpenStreetMap maps with Amiga? Yes, it is fully possible with MUImapparium but you need an FPU for a better experience. With MUImapparium you can search for streets with your Classic Amiga or Nextgen Amiga. It is brilliant. Just watch the video below!
MUImapparium uses MUI or ZUNE. It is very capable and it is fast. Its funny to see how fast a 50MHz 68060 machine with only 128MB RAM can be in 1280×720 or even 1920×1080. Look at the video to see how it goes. I’m also using a PCMCIA WIFI card for the connection. It is fantastic. I use MUImapparium myself at times because it is faster than using Google Maps on my i7 mac.
I recommend anyone to download MUImapparium. It is open-source and free to download. No payment. It extends what AmigaOS can do. Also, it is ported to MorphOS, AmigaOS 4, and AROS. Happy browsing the world map with your Classic Amiga.
Downloads MUIMapparium 0.8
- MUIMapparium m68k-Amiga
- MUIMapparium i386-AROS ABIV0
- MUIMapparium ARM AROS ABIV0 (RasPi)
- MUIMapparium x86_64 AROS ABIV1
- MUIMapparium PowerPC MorphOS
- MUIMapparium PowerPC AmigaOS4
- Example GPX with a Track, a Route and some Marker
- RTG Graphics card (Picasso 96 or CGFX) 15/16/24/32 bit Screen
- TCP/IP Stack (Internet connection)
- 8+ MB RAM
- Amiga 68k, 68020+, (68881+ FPU recommended) AmigaOS 3.0+
- Amiga OS4, OS 4.0+
- AROS i386, ABIv0
- AROS ARM, ABIv0 ARMV6+ VFPV2+ HardFloat (e.g. RasPi 1-3)
- AROS x86_64, ABIv1 (non SMP-Version)
- MorphOS 3.8+