ZZ9000AX is the sound module for the ZZ9000 multi-functional Amiga expansion card bringing your Amiga audio experience to the next level. Now it is out for owners of the ZZ9000 RTG multi-card for big-box Amigas
ZZ9000AX Amiga Audio Expansion
- High fidelity Analog ADAU1701 audio codec with 28/56-Bit SigmaDSP® processor
- 16-bit (per channel) stereo sound output at 48000 Hz (DAT quality)
- Mix in and enhance Amiga Paula audio and/or analog CD-Audio
- 16-bit stereo sampling
- 4x RCA connectors for line inputs and outputs
- AHI driver
- Add dynamic effects like graphic EQ or reverb and create your own DSP programs with free SigmaStudio software (on Windows)
- Active op-amp output filter stages
- 4-layer design with solid ground planes for optimal signal quality
- Open-source drivers and firmware, PDF schematics
- Additional features and capabilities will be available via ZZ9000 firmware updates (for example MP3 decompression)
The ZZ9000 RTG Zorro card for big-box Amigas is the successor to the VA2000 Amiga graphics card. Including RTG, the card got 1GB DDR3 RAM, a USB port with drivers that lets you use them from AmigaOS and there is a scan doubler with an interlace flicker-fixer on it.
ZZ9000 is working with any Amiga 500, 2000, 3000, and 4000 that got either Zorro 2 or Zorro 3 slots. The card also works nicely with PCI addons if you have a PCI expansion inside your Amiga 3000 or Amiga 4000.
Nice Price for the ZZ9000 Audio Expansion Card
The price of this soundcard is €79.00! Which I must say is quite cheap in the world of Amiga. Ready to mix Paula with 16-bit sound? Then this is a fantastic way of getting that. With a DSP it can also soon play MP3s through it, but that will come via a ZZ9000 firmware update.
AHI driver is nice to have. It opens a world of opportunities. Get this hot item and support the remarkable person supporting big-box Amigas. All kudos,… and this is yet another article that ain’t sponsored but done because of my passion for the Amiga.